Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Beyond The Trailer on 'Incredibles 2' and 'Jurassic World 2' at the box office


It's been a full month since I posted 'Solo' earns Pyrrhic victory over 'Deadpool 2' at the box office, which was the last time two major speculative fiction blockbusters were released back-to-back.  That happened again the past two weeks, when "The Incredibles 2" and "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" premiered on successive Fridays.  Both were big hits, with 'Incredibles 2' setting a record for opening weekend box office for an animated film and "Jurassic World 2" beating expectations with the fourth biggest opening weekend of the year so far.

I'll let Grace Randolph describe both films success at the box office, beginning with Box Office for The Incredibles 2, Ant-Man & The Wasp, Hereditary.

In this box office recap find out how The Incredibles 2 had the biggest opening weekend in animation EVER June 15th 2018! What this win means for Disney Pixar but also Ant-Man and The Wasp! Also an update on Hereditary, Ocean's 8 and more! Plus industry projections for Jurassic World 2 Fallen Kingdom! Beyond The Trailer host Grace Randolph gives you an inside look at the weekend box office with an industry perspective!
As of right now, "Incredibles 2" is my pick for best animated movie of 2018.  I don't see any serious competition until "Wreck-It Ralph 2" is released and I highly doubt that will be a superior film.

"Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" debuted the next week and Grace covered that as well in Box Office for Jurassic World 2 Fallen Kingdom Opening Weekend.

In this box office recap find out how Jurassic World 2 Fallen Kindom over-performed its opening weekend, June 22nd 2018! Universal hits Disney's The Incredibles 2 as Jurassic World 2 races towards the Billion Dollar Club thanks to China! Also Hereditary and Won't You Be My Neighbor! Plus industry projections for Sicario 2 and Uncle Drew!
Right now, the top four movies at the box office are all superhero flicks, "Black Panther,"
"Avengers: Infinity War," "Incredibles 2," and "Deadpool 2."  That won't last.  With this opening, "Jurassic World 2" should pass "Deadpool 2" by the end of July.  That will be despite the sequel not doing as well as "Jurassic World," which set a then-record of $208.8 million at the domestic box office.  The global box office is another matter, as the sequel beat the original by nearly $200 million, $717 million to $524.1 million.  Wow!

Normally, I'd post a celebratory drink, but I couldn't find any for "The Incredibles" and I didn't like any videos other than the Tipsy Bartender one I posted three years ago, so I'll pass.  Darn.

Stay tuned for the last two retrospectives of the seventh year of this blog followed by Asteroid Day and National Meteor Watch Day to round out the month.  Oh, and I have the first four days of July planned as well.  I have my blogging cut out for me.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm deleting that comment on the basis of it being incomprehensible in addition to being foreign-language spam.

      Delete