Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Celebrate Giving Tuesday by contributing to Coffee Party USA


Happy National Day of Giving/Giving Tuesday!
We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back. On the Tuesday after Thanksgiving charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Quite simply, take advantage of all the holiday deals to add to your charitable giving. Combined with your family, friends, local and national organizations and through the power of social media, National Day of Giving can become a tradition worth passing on. Use #GivingTuesday to post on social media.

HISTORY

In 2012, 92nd Street Y in New York City created National Day of Giving to bring focus to the charitable season in the wake of the commercialized Black Friday and Cyber Monday. More commonly referred to as #GivingTuesday, National Day of Giving harnesses the power of social media to give back around the world and throughout the year.
Like last year, I am urging my readers to contribute to Coffee Party USA.  Also, as I did for National Coffee Ice Cream Day and National Coffee Day, I am asking my readers to match my donation of $10.00, which I made yesterday.  Your donation will allow "you to be a part of the important work of Coffee Party USA as we empower and connect communities to reclaim our government for the people."  It will go to improving our website, the new version of which Coffee Party USA debuted in October and registering people to vote with our partners TurboVote and National Voter Registration DayElection Day 2018 may be over, but there are municipal and some state elections next year and people need to be registered and reminded to vote in them, too.

If donating is not enough, my readers can become a member or volunteer.  Coffee Party USA needs people to help with all the projects listed above and then some, as we plan on doing even more to empower and connect communities to reclaim our government for the people in the future.

Once again, I am asking my readers to match my donation of $10.00.  Thank you and Happy Giving Tuesday!



Coffee Party on!

*Yes, I mean "we" and "our."  I am a director and officer of Coffee Party USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment