Thursday, November 22, 2018

Music and a drink for Thanksgiving 2018


Once again, Happy Thanksgiving!  I told my readers to "stay tuned" at the end of Olaf and other Disney balloons in Macy's Parade plus my favorite marching bands in today's parades, as I promised that "I'm not done with the holiday, as I plan on posting a Tipsy Bartender drinks for Thanksgiving entry later today."  I'm going to be a good environmentalist by recycling a modified version of Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 91, which I posted at Booman Tribune yesterday.  I'm acting DJ and bartender for this weekly series while the regular host Don Durito is on walkabout.  For today's theme, I'm picking songs from Billboard's Thanksgiving Songs: Music About Food, Giving Thanks, and the Holiday.

The first song on the list just happens to tie into my love of awards shows, in this case,  the 2018 Critics' Choice Documentary Awards.  As I reported in 'RBG' wins Best Political Documentary, 'Won’t You Be My Neighbor?' Best Documentary, Quincy Jones received Most Compelling Living Subject of a Documentary and the documentary "Quincy" won Best Music Documentary.  With no further ado, here is Groovy Gravy.


Next, James Brown with Mashed Potatoes, U.S.A.


For the last song in today's entry, I'm sharing Thanksgiving Theme by Vince Guaraldi from the Peanuts specials.


I had to have some music for Snoopy to dance to.

This year's Thanksgiving drink from Tipsy Bartender is Pumpkin Pie Shots.

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy these shots and say hello to Natalie!

PUMPKIN PIE SHOTS
1 Part Whipped Cream Vodka
1 Part Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
1 Part Rum Cream
1 Spoon Pumpkin Puree
Garnish: Graham Cracker Crumbs/Whipped Cream/Pumpkin Spice
That's it for this year's drink recipes.  I'm saving the five recipes I didn't use last year for future entries.  Not only do I recycle, I conserve my resources.

That's it for Thanksgiving for now.  Stay tuned for a post about Black Friday/Buy Nothing Day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment