Monday, November 11, 2019

A happy drum corps Veterans Day 2019 with 'The Commandant's Own' and USMC West Coast Composite Band


A Happy drum corps Veterans Day to my readers!  As I have all three years my Veterans Day entries have followed this theme, I'm featuring the United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps AKA "The Commandant's Own."  As I first wrote five years ago, "Not only is today Veterans Day, yesterday was the Marine Corps Birthday and the Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps was founded on November 4, 1934.  A triple celebration for a single organization!"

I begin with the recording I was hoping I would find last year but it wasn't available then, "The Commandant's Own" at the 2018 DCI World Championships.

The "Commandant's Own" Marine Drum and Bugle Corps performing in exhibition at the 2018 Drum Corps International World Championships.
Last year, I was thinking, "anyone, anyone, Bueller, anyone?"  Last year, nothing.  This year, "Bueller" responded.

Now, this year's show, Commandant’s Own 2019 at DCI Finals.  It honors the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 landing on the Moon.


For an encore, I present USMC West Coast Composite Band - 2019 Pasadena Rose Parade playing The Marines' Hymn from Music 213.

The United States Marine Corps West Coast Composite Band performing at the 130th Annual Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade on Tuesday, January 1, 2019.  This composite group brings three Marine Bands together from around Southern California; Marine Band San Diego, the 1st Marine Division Band and the 3D Marine Aircraft Wing Band. The band members are fully combat-trained and prove that they are as proficient with their musical instruments as they are with their weaponry.  Many of these these fine service members have completed tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Once again, happy Veterans Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment