Thursday, April 23, 2020

Alignment charts from the back catalog for Throwback Thursday with music by the Harp Twins


I concluded My students are watching 'Chasing Ice' during Earth Week with the following program note.
Stay tuned for the retrospective about alignment charts from the back catalog for Throwback Thursday I promised at the end of Broken Peach sings to update holidays from the back catalog for the ninth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie NewsGame of Thrones and Star Wars!
I'm not even going to pretend to introduce this entry with new material, as I have all the rest of the retrospectives this year, so I'm just going to launch into the most read entries featuring alignment charts about speculative fiction franchises from the back catalog.


The most read entry featuring alignment charts during the ninth year of this blog was Game of Thrones D&D character alignment charts from April 6, 2014.  It earned ~1,160 raw page views between March 21, 2019 and March 20, 2020, enough to rank it 11th overall for the blogging year.  I assume all of it was from web search, as I haven't promoted it at all during the past 12 months.  What's more interesting is it has amassed 9063 raw page views all time, which is enough to rank it seventh on the all-time list, even though it doesn't show up on the default page list at all.  That's definitely been propelled by web search, as "game of thrones dungeons and dragons" is the second most popular search string in this blog's history with 539 hits.  Here's to this entry being popular in years to come, although that's not guaranteed, as the HBO series is over even though the book series is still not finished.


The second most read entry about alignment charts last year was 'Star Wars' alignment charts from August 16, 2015 with 853 raw page views, which ranked 25th overall.  Some of this is most likely coming from web search, but I suspect a lot of these page views is coming from Pinterest, as the pins for this entry were saved 62 times last year and the pin ranked among the five most saved pins eight of the past 12 months.  As of March 20, 2020, this entry had 5592 page views all time, which wasn't enough for it to break into the all-time top 20.  Darn.


Speaking of Pinterest, 'Pirates of the Caribbean' alignment chart from August 2, 2015 earned an honorable mention, as it was the most active on Pinterest during June 2019 with 18 saves.  Along with the rest of its saves, it earned 27 total during the ninth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News.  Pirates!

As I wrote four years ago, "No alignment chart entry of mine would be complete without a fan cover of the theme song."  Follow over the jump for three of them!

Today's featured fan cover artists are Camille and Kennerly Kitt AKA the Harp Twins, who have covers of songs from all three franchises.  Since the I used their cover of the "Game of Thrones" theme already in 'Game of Thrones' for the fourth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News, I'm embedding their other cover of music from the series, The Rains of Castamere: Game of Thrones (Lannister Song) Harp Twins - Camille and Kennerly.

Watch until the end to hear us singing. :) :)
Please listen with headphones for more complex sound and fuller bass lines!
...
Camille and Kennerly obtained licensing from the original publisher to release their harp audio recording of "The Rains of Castamere" (Lannister Song) from Game of Thrones - as heard in this original music video.
Next, their STAR WARS Medley - Harp Twins - Camille and Kennerly.

Identical Twins Camille&Kennerly play their electric duet harp arrangement of the "Main Theme", "Victory Celebration", and "Throne Room" from the Star Wars movie trilogy.
I'm surprised I haven't used that before.  Speaking of which, I'm surprised I haven't used PIRATES of the CARIBBEAN Medley (Harp Twins) Camille and Kennerly for one of these entries before, either.

Identical Twins Camille&Kennerly play their electric duet harp arrangement of “The Medallion Calls”, “He’s a Pirate", and "Davy Jones” from Pirates of the Caribbean movie series.
Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.  I'm an environmentalist.  Not only do I recycle, but I conserve my resources for times like these.  I hope my readers enjoyed this moment of escapism as much as I did!

Stay tuned for another retrospective tomorrow, Flashback Friday.

Previous posts in this series.
Previous retrospectives about alignment charts.
Previous retrospectives about the back catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment