Friday, January 3, 2014

SciFi is Now: Asimov's predictions coming true


The snow day is over, so it's time to go back to work.  On my way into the office, I'm leaving my readers with this demonstration that we live in science fiction times, Asimov's Predictions From The 60s Are Spot On by Discovery News.  Take it away, Trace.

In 1964, Isaac Asimov made a number of predictions about what life would be like in 2014. And prepare yourself, because some of these predictions were startlingly accurate. Trace runs down Asimov's list.
Asimov was wrong about an official population center, but the news on population is better than most people know.  Explaining that would take more time than I have right now, so I'll save it for another entry.  Right now, it's time to brave the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment