Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Too cool for school


I mean that literally.  Today is so cold that a Wind Chill Warning has been issued by the National Weather Service and schools, including the college where I teach, are closed.  I'll have WXYZ tell the story.

First, here's Wind Chill Watch, the weather report from Sunday night describing how cold it will be.


Conditions were bad enough to close some schools yesterday, although the college was open, so I taught.  WXYZ explains why in Tale of two school districts.


I suspect Ypsilanti was facing an unintended consequence of its merger with Willow Run Schools.  There were a lot of country roads and unincorporated subdivisions in the latter, and I bet they're not plowed as well or often as Ann Arbor.

Finally, here's the situation for today, Schools close for extremely low temperatures.


I'm glad I'm staying warm by staying home.

No comments:

Post a Comment