Wednesday, January 15, 2014

NYTimes and Reuters on NAIAS


WXYZ has posted several videos a day since the two I included in Preparations for NAIAS 2014 have begun and I found the NAIAS Detroit channel, so if I wanted to post entries using nothing but local officially sourced videos, I could.  However, I like to get an outside perspective and I got two yesterday from major news outlets, the New York Times and Reuters.  First, the N.Y. Times, which concentrated on the changes to the U.S. auto industry using the auto show as a backdrop and excuse in Big Changes for the Big 3 - Detroit Auto Show 2014.

The Detroit auto show is ready to shine a light on developments for American automakers. As General Motors shed government ownership and Ford gambled on a redesign, Chrysler took on an Italian accent.
Reuters took a more conventional look at the show itself in Big, sexy power Detroit Auto show.

American auto companies are choosing brawn over brains at the 25th Detroit Auto Show with a Chevy Corvette and Silverado truck grabbing top honors as U.S. auto sales head into a five-year recovery. Conway G. Gittens reports.
A third major outside news source, CNN Money, is also covering NAIAS, but they're doing reports more like WXYZ's, so I'll use them for a change of pace, much like I used Detroit News during Dream Cruise last year.  WOOD-TV is also covering NAIAS, and I'll include their videos to show their perspective on the event.  Looks like I'm not going to run out of things to blog about any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment