Saturday, April 4, 2015

Shortest lunar eclipse in a century on Passover


Fifteen days ago, I posted Equinox, eclipse, and supermoon.  Solar eclipses are always accompanied by a lunar eclipse and last month's event was no exception.  On Demand News reports in Blood Moon rising: Incredible timelapse video captures lunar eclipse.

Los Angeles' Griffith Observatory captured stunning timelapse footage of a total lunar eclipse that took place in the early hours of Saturday. Report by Laurie Blake.
This was the third of four consecutive total lunar eclipses.  I missed the first one in the sequence last year because it snowed.  At least, I got a record season snowfall for Detroit to compensate.  I was able to see the second.  I should be able to see the fourth this September, at least if the sky is clear.  If so, it should be spectacular, as it will take place during a supermoon, so the moon will be large and totality long.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment