Thursday, April 16, 2015

DNews and Test Tube explain where we get our oil


The next lecture I present to my students in environmental science will be about energy.  That will be on Tuesday of next week.  I'll give a nearly identical lecture to my geology students beginning on Thursday of next week.  Here are two videos I might show to those classes, most likely to geology, if I have time.

First, Discovery News answers its own question Where Does All Our Oil Come From?

We rely on oil to power our lives, but how do we go about getting it? How does oil even form?
This video covers all the ways oil can be extracted, including fracking, tar sands, and oil shale, along with coal production, all of which I cover in my classes.  In contrast, TestTube takes a much more focused view of oil and the economic and political aspects of its production and use in Where Does Our Oil Come From?

The majority of U.S. oil does not come from the Middle East. So, where exactly do we get it? TestTube Daily gives us a glimpse at the countries that supply America with the largest amounts of “black gold."
After I test drive these videos, I'll decide which one, if any, I'll continue using in my lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment