Happy Throwback Thursday! As I promised in last month's James Corden, Global News, and Kamala Harris on CNN update gun control for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News, today's retrospective is about statehood for Puerto Rico, a topic of two of the forty most read entries of the eighth year of this blog.
I'm updating the topic with three videos about the introduction of a bill at the end of March, beginning with WKMG News 6 ClickOrlando asking Could Puerto Rico be the country's 51st state?
Rep. Darren Soto, D- Fla., announced a bill on Thursday that would admit Puerto Rico into the union as the 51st state, without referendum.FOX 35 News interviewed Soto in Push to make Puerto Rico the nation's 51st state.
Florida Rep. Darren Soto wants to make Puerto Rico the nation's 51st state.That was the Representative himself advocating for his bill. CBS News took a different tack, offering outside analysis on the bill in Lawmakers announce bill to grant Puerto Rico statehood.
A bipartisan group of lawmakers has introduced a bill that would make Puerto Rico the 51st U.S. state. President Trump has said he opposes granting the territory statehood. CBS News correspondent David Begnaud joined CBSN to explain the implications.I wish Soto and the rest of the bill's sponsors luck. On the one hand, I have been advocating for statehood on this blog since I posted A 51st star for Puerto Rico on Flag Day two years ago. On the other, with Trump's opposition, they'll need it.
Follow over the jump for the two entries from last year about Puerto Rico statehood and how they earned their page views.
The 23rd most read entry of the eighth year of this blog is Samantha Bee helps update 'Vox on Puerto Rico statehood and John Oliver on territories,' the fourth most read entry of the seventh year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News from April 6, 2018. It had 2924 raw page views by March 20, 2019. The entry earned ~1800 page views in the first two hours and ~2300 page views in the first 24 hours after being shared at the Join The Coffee Party Movement Facebook page at 9:00 P.M on April 6, 2018. It ended the month with 2690 default and 2727 raw page views, enough for it to rank second among entries posted during April 2018 and sixth overall for the month.
31 (30). Drink to Puerto Rican Statehood on National Pina Colada Day 2018 from July 10, 2018 earned a total of 2385 raw page views by the end of the eighth year of this blog. It ranked 31st overall and 30th among entries actually posted during the blogging year. It ended July 2018 with 2022 default and 2086 raw page views, enough for it to rank third among entries actually posted during the month and fifth overall for July. It was also among the most active on Twitter during July 2019 with 1 retweet, 2 likes, and 1 response thread.
Tomorrow is National Space Day, so I will skip over a couple of topics to post a retrospective about Space Force. Stay tuned.
Previous posts in this series
- Happy Birthday to the blog and Nowruz Mubarak (Happy Persian New Year)!
- Statistics for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- 'Frontline' updates 'Facebook knows your political affiliation and much more,' the top post of the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- CBC News updates proportional representation, topic of the second most read posts of the seventh and eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News, plus voting machines
- Wonkette reacts to its Media Bias Chart placement, an update to 'A comparison of two measures of media bias shows readers and viewers respond to both ideology and quality'
- The 2018-2019 flu season is experiencing a second wave, an update to 'Flu killed 80,000 Americans last year, including 183 children, the CDC reported, so get a a flu shot'
- Trump Administration designating Iranian Revolutionary Guards a terrorist organization updates 'U.S. leaving Iran nuclear agreement pushes U.S. oil price above $70 plus driving update for May 2018: Pearl,' a top post of the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on Brexit, which is now delayed until October 31, plus John Oliver for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Vox explains tax reform for Tax Day plus taxes and economics for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Company Man on JCPenney's decline updates tales of the Retail Apocalypse for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Vox on coverage of the Green New Deal updates climate change for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- The Verge explains why most Americans support the EPA for Earth Day plus environmental policy for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Lampert and Mnuchin sued by Sears, a tale of the Retail Apocalypse
- James Corden, Global News, and Kamala Harris on CNN update gun control for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Samantha Bee helps update 'Vox on Puerto Rico statehood and John Oliver on territories,' the fourth most read entry of the seventh year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
Post a Comment