Happy Flashback Friday! I'm taking advantage of my planned examination of how well my posts played out on Twitter to share CNN's clip Trump stopped meeting to consult Twitter account, report says. I'm not the only one checking Twitter to see how popular my tweets are!
CNN's Brian Todd looks into President Donald Trump's reliance on Twitter for his understanding of the world and how that affects his decisions in office.I've written before about Trump's tweets, most recently in The Academy Awards got political without mentioning Trump, a recycled comment and before that in Noah, Colbert, and Kimmel find the humor in the polar vortex and Trump's 'Global Waming' (sic) tweet. However, I think this is the first time I've written about Trump actually paying attention to what is written back to him by his supporters. The good news is that he pays attention to the opinions of others. The bad news is that he is not listening to the experts and is vulnerable to conspiracy theories, including those spread by Alex Jones. At least Jones has been banned from Twitter.
Follow over the jump for last year's top posts on Twitter.*
Below modified from Most active tweets for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News on Dreamwidth.
Most replied to on Twitter
Tesla joins the Retail Apocalypse by closing dealerships plus a driving update for March 2019: Pearl had the most responses on Twitter during both during the year and during March 2019 with 15 replies in 2 threads.
Kunstler, K-Dog, and I discuss prehistoric mammals for Darwin Day plus paczki on Fat Tuesday and Driving update for January 2019: Snow Bear tied for the most replied to on Twitter with 10 comments in one thread. The former was the most responded to during February 2019 and the latter was the most responded to during January 2019.
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas from Broken Peach and Crazy Eddie's Motie News earned an honorable mention for most responded to on Twitter during December 2018 with one reply in one thread from Broken Peach itself.
Most retweeted and liked on Twitter
'Last Week Tonight With John Oliver' examines the rise of authoritarianism had the most liked tweet on Twitter with 8 likes and tied for the most retweeted single tweet with 6 retweets. It was also the most liked and retweeted during February 2019.
Earth Overshoot Day 2018 is the earliest ever tied for most retweeted during the eighth year of the blog with 6 retweets.
Six posts tied for second most liked tweet during the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News with six each,
"Death of a Nation" and "Fahrenheit 11/9" earn four Razzie nominations each, including two shared ones for Donald Trump,the most liked tweet during January 2019, Schwartzenegger and Attenborough address U.N. climate conference in Poland and 'The Daily Show with Trevor Noah' examines GM's proposed plant closings and layoffs tied for most liked during December 2018, Star Wars Drinks for Star Wars Day was the most liked during October 2018, and 'The Daily Show with Trevor Noah' takes on the Florida recount and Seth Meyers checks in on Andrew Wheeler as Trump announces he'll nominate Wheeler for permanent head of EPA tied for most liked on Twitter during November 2018.
*I promised "the top posts on social media" twice, but this is less than half of the story. The other part consists of Pinterest and comments on the blog. That's coming up next. Stay tuned.
Previous posts in this series
- Happy Birthday to the blog and Nowruz Mubarak (Happy Persian New Year)!
- Statistics for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- 'Frontline' updates 'Facebook knows your political affiliation and much more,' the top post of the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- CBC News updates proportional representation, topic of the second most read posts of the seventh and eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News, plus voting machines
- Wonkette reacts to its Media Bias Chart placement, an update to 'A comparison of two measures of media bias shows readers and viewers respond to both ideology and quality'
- The 2018-2019 flu season is experiencing a second wave, an update to 'Flu killed 80,000 Americans last year, including 183 children, the CDC reported, so get a a flu shot'
- Trump Administration designating Iranian Revolutionary Guards a terrorist organization updates 'U.S. leaving Iran nuclear agreement pushes U.S. oil price above $70 plus driving update for May 2018: Pearl,' a top post of the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on Brexit, which is now delayed until October 31, plus John Oliver for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Vox explains tax reform for Tax Day plus taxes and economics for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Company Man on JCPenney's decline updates tales of the Retail Apocalypse for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Vox on coverage of the Green New Deal updates climate change for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- The Verge explains why most Americans support the EPA for Earth Day plus environmental policy for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- ASAPScience on going vegetarian: Student Sustainability Video Festival 80 plus environmental impact for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- James Corden, Global News, and Kamala Harris on CNN update gun control for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Colbert updates Space Force for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News on National Space Day
- 'Knock Down the House' updates Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez/AOC for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- 'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver' on opioids updates decreasing life expectancy for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- 2019 Environmental Media Association Awards update politics in entertainment for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Watch reports on the 2019 March for Science from Green Bay and Sacramento, an update to the March for Science for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- 'Slay the Dragon' examines the campaign to eliminate gerrymandering in Michigan
- My readers love to write comments about pets
- Comments and likes for the fourth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Comments and likes for the fifth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Comments and likes for the sixth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Pins, comments, shares, and likes for the seventh year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
Post a Comment