Happy Throwback Thursday! For today's retrospective, I'm updating and looking back at Anderson Cooper shows other politicians besides Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dance on The Rediculist. I'll have the story of that entry over the jump. First, I'm looking at a documentary featuring Ocasio-Cortez and three other women who ran for Congress last year, "Knock Down
the House." Here is the official trailer from Netflix.
Follow the stories of four inspiring women who took on history in the 2018 midterm election. Knock Down The House, only on Netflix May 1.It turns out that my old hometown paper, the Los Angeles Times, posted a review of the documentary by Kenneth Turan on YouTube. Watch it.
"Knock Down the House" captures Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez during her campaign and historical election victory.That's a glowing review.
I'm sure I'll see this movie nominated for a Best Political Documentary nominees at the 2018 Critics' Choice Documentary Award or two, likely an Emmy, and possibly even an Oscar. Also, I'll try to remember to nominate it at Coffee Party Entertainment Awards later this summer for television shows or next year for movies.
Follow over the jump for the top post about Representative Ocasio-Cortez and how it became so popular.
Anderson Cooper shows other politicians besides Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dance on The Rediculist from January 6, 2019 was the 27th most read entry of the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News and the only one from 2019 to crack the top 40 of the previous blogging year.
It earned its 2520 total raw page views by being shared at the Coffee Party USA Facebook page and Kunstler's blog. In my comment on In the Deep Mid-Winter, I wrote "[I]f you're skewering left-leaning women, don't forget Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. While she is ineligible to run for President because of her age, she's making lots of news between her dancing and proposing to raise the top tax bracket to 70%."
Not only is the entry the most read of the current calendar year, it was the top post of January 2019 with 2439 default page views. It was also tied for most commented on during January 2019 with 4 comments.
Stay tuned for another retrospective tomorrow, which will be about a third consecutive year of lower life expectancy in the U.S.
Previous posts in this series
- Happy Birthday to the blog and Nowruz Mubarak (Happy Persian New Year)!
- Statistics for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- 'Frontline' updates 'Facebook knows your political affiliation and much more,' the top post of the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- CBC News updates proportional representation, topic of the second most read posts of the seventh and eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News, plus voting machines
- Wonkette reacts to its Media Bias Chart placement, an update to 'A comparison of two measures of media bias shows readers and viewers respond to both ideology and quality'
- The 2018-2019 flu season is experiencing a second wave, an update to 'Flu killed 80,000 Americans last year, including 183 children, the CDC reported, so get a a flu shot'
- Trump Administration designating Iranian Revolutionary Guards a terrorist organization updates 'U.S. leaving Iran nuclear agreement pushes U.S. oil price above $70 plus driving update for May 2018: Pearl,' a top post of the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on Brexit, which is now delayed until October 31, plus John Oliver for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Vox explains tax reform for Tax Day plus taxes and economics for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Company Man on JCPenney's decline updates tales of the Retail Apocalypse for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Vox on coverage of the Green New Deal updates climate change for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- The Verge explains why most Americans support the EPA for Earth Day plus environmental policy for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Lampert and Mnuchin sued by Sears, a tale of the Retail Apocalypse
- James Corden, Global News, and Kamala Harris on CNN update gun control for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Colbert updates Space Force for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News on National Space Day