Friday, May 10, 2019

'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver' on opioids updates decreasing life expectancy for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News


Happy Flashback Friday!  I promised my readers that I would write about "lower life expectancy in the U.S." to conclude yesterday's 'Knock Down the House' updates Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez/AOC for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News.  One of the main reasons why Life expectancy declined in the U.S. for three consecutive years has been the opioid epidemic.  It turns out that "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" has two videos on the subject.  Here is the older one, Opioids from 2016, just as overdoses started to pull down life expectancy.

John Oliver discusses the extent and root of the nation’s epidemic of opioid addiction.
That segment is just as chilling and bitingly funny today as it was when my wife and I first watched it three years ago.  It was worth watching again.

Oliver updated the opioid crisis just last month.  I'm saving that for another update.  After all, I'm an environmentalist.  I don't just recycle, I conserve my resources.

Follow over the jump for the story of the top 40 entry about the opioid epidemic.


Life expectancy down for a second consecutive year in the U.S. from June 16, 2018 was the 33rd most read entry of the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News and the 32 most read posted during the blogging year with 2250 total raw page views.  I earned 1726 page views in first 24 hours after being shared at the Coffee Party USA Facebook page.  It maxed out at 2035 default and 2135 raw page views on July 15, 2018.  It ended July 2018 with 1892 default page views, enough for it to rank sixth overall for the month.

I plan on posting the next installment in the series next Thursday, when I plan on recapping the top entries about entertainment.  Stay tuned.

Previous posts in this series
Previous retrospectives about risk and doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment